Check out my delicious recipe for Chewy Chocolate Muffins, using my USDA organic, non-GMO Plant-Based Protein Powder!
1/3 cup of MaryRuth's Chocolate Protein Powder
2 tablespoons of melted and slightly cooled Coconut Oil
(My favorite is Artisana Organics Raw Coconut Oil.)
1/4 cup Smooth Almond Butter
(You can use cashew butter or peanut butter instead, but I highly recommend the almond butter! My favorite almond butter is Barney Butter Bare Smooth, with no added salt or sugar.)
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
(You can use maple syrup or baking stevia but I prefer the coconut sugar!)
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 cage free/free range Eggs
1 cup canned coconut milk
(My favorite brand is Natural Value Organic Coconut Milk)
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips
(I highly recommend Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels!)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Line a regular sized muffin pan (12 cup) or a mini cup muffin pan (24 cup) with liners.
3. Add almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to a bowl and, with a hand-mixer, on medium speed, mix until well combined. Slowly add in eggs, one at a time; beat again for one minute until batter is smooth. Pour in coconut milk and mix on low speed until combined.
4. In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, and MaryRuth's Plant-Based Protein Powder.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon. Use a large spoon or cookie scoop to disperse batter evenly into cupcake liners.
6. Bake for 17 minutes for mini muffins and 20 minutes for regular size muffins. Test with a toothpick. When the toothpick comes out clean, they're done! Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
Store at room temperature for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 5 days, or in the freezer for 1 month and re-heat when hungry!