Did you know that having bacteria in your gut is an important part of being healthy? Yes, bacteria in your gut. It doesn’t sound very pleasant, but it’s a natural part of your body and it works to keep you healthy. The important thing, however, is that it’s the right type of bacteria. This bacteria is also known as microorganisms, or probiotics.
Certain foods, such as yogurt or kimchi, supplements, or types of yeast can function as a probiotic in your body. There are numerous types of probiotic bacteria that have positive health benefits. The most common types are lactobacillus and bifidobacterium. That’s a mouthful! There are also different species within each type, and even each species have different strains. If you’re looking for the best natural probiotics, however, these can combine different species together, which are known as broad-spectrum or multi-probiotics.
Inside your stomach, these microorganisms are known as the gut flora, which can contain hundreds or even thousands of microorganisms. Your flora, which is located mostly in the colon and large intestine, can include bacteria, yeasts, and viruses, but a majority of it is bacteria. This system can help with metabolic functions and also boost the immune system. On the other hand, if your body isn’t getting enough probiotics, it can lead to an unbalanced flora, which could cause diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or many others.
Benefits of Consuming the Best Natural Probiotics
- Inflammation: Probiotics can reduce inflammation, which is a cause of many diseases.
- Depression and Anxiety: If you struggle with depression or anxiety, the strains lactobacillus helveticus and bifidobacterium longum can help reduce the symptoms.
- Blood cholesterol: Certain types of probiotics can help lower the total levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Blood pressure: Certain types of natural probiotics can reduce your blood pressure.
- Immune Function: Like mentioned above, probiotics can boost the immune system, and even preventing infections like the common cold.
- Skin Health: Because probiotics can help with inflammation, there are also some skin care benefits, including reduced symptoms of acne, rosacea, and eczema.
How to Get the Best Natural Probiotics
If you’re looking to increase the health of your gut flora, try incorporating these foods into your diet.
- Cultured Vegetables (sauerkraut): Make with fermented cabbage, sauerkraut isn’t actually a good source of probiotics, but it is high in organic acids, which supports the growth of good bacteria.
- Yogurt: You can pick up some of your favorite yogurt at the grocery store. The trick is to look for yogurt that is made from goat or sheep’s milk, a variety that comes from grass-fed animals, and organic.
- Brine-cured Olives: You’ll find a great source of probiotics in olives that are brine-cured. But again, look for an organic variety. Also, look to make sure that the olives don’t contain sodium benzoate.
Order a Probiotic From MaryRuth Organics
We offer some of the best natural probiotics to give you that boost of good health.
- USDA Organic Topical Probiotic Liquid Spray: Use this for cuts, scrapes, acne, rosacea, yeast infections, and many other ailments.
- Organic Liquid Probiotics Plant Based: This can help with digestive problems, give you increased energy, and can fight yeast and fungal infections.
Shop today and start feeling the benefits of a healthy gut!