When you have busy mornings or want a simple grab-and-grow snack, muffins are a great way to go. And if you’re looking for a recipe for healthy muffins, we’ve got one for you!
These Chewy Chocolate Chip Protein Muffin use our USDA organic, non-GMO chocolate-flavored plant-based protein powder! Unlike many vegan protein powders, ours is made from pumpkin — a complete protein — so you get all nine essential amino acids your body needs.
Check out the recipe card below to download, print out and share... they're delicious!
Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- ⅓ cup MaryRuth’s Organic Protein Powder
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar (or maple syrup or monk fruit)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Smooth Almond Butter (or cashew or peanut butter)
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Seed Eggs (or cage free/free range eggs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a regular sized muffin pan (12 cup) or a mini cup muffin pan (24 cup) with liners.
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to a bowl and, with a hand mixer, on medium speed, mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in flax eggs (or eggs) one at a time; beat again for one minute until batter is smooth.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix on low speed until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, and MaryRuth’s Plant-Based Protein Powder.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to disperse batter evenly into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 17 minutes for mini muffins or 20 minutes for regular sized muffins. Test with a toothpick.
- When the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done! Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
Store at room temperature for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 5 days, or in the freezer for 1 month and re-heat when hungry!
While you may use any brands you prefer, below are the brands MaryRuth loves to use when making this recipe at home:
Chocolate Chips: Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels*
Almond Butter: Barney Butter Bare Smooth*, with no added salt or sugar
Canned Coconut Milk: Natural Value Organic Coconut Milk*
Coconut Oil: Artisana Organics Raw Coconut Oil*
*MaryRuth and MaryRuth’s® are not affiliated with any of these products; this is not an ad.