5 Benefits of Juicing & The Best Juicing Recipes
Fresh juice is an easy and delicious way to deliver vitamins and nutrients straight to your body.
The American Heart Association (AHA) suggests that we consume about 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. However, our lives can be hectic, and sometimes that doesn't always happen.
Getting your necessary amount of fruits and veggies in the form of juice allows for tasty combinations and makes it easier and more convenient to make sure you're getting your daily intake of enzymes and nutrients found in fresh produce.
The keyword here is fresh. Pre-made juices found at a supermarket can be loaded with added sugar, preservatives, and even chemicals that kill the essential vitamins and enzymes found in the fresh produce.
Because juices are so good for you, MaryRuth recommends adding them to your Liquids Till Lunch diet. What’s Liquids Till Lunch? A method that involves only consuming water coffee, juice, broth, almond milk or tea until lunchtime.
Let's dive a bit deeper into all that juicing can do for our bodies; plus, we've got plenty of juicing recipes so you can get your greens and follow your Liquids Till Lunch more efficiently!
Benefits of Juicing
1. Juicing is a fast way of getting nutrition into the body. Your juicer extracts the juice from fruits and vegetables by separating it from the fiber. This makes the juice (full of vitamins and minerals) straightforward for your body to absorb.
2. Juicing is an easy way to eat enough vegetables. Most of us struggle to chew our way through our food. To combat the trend of ill-health in the western world, we need to aim for that recommended 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day, and juicing is the ultimate head start.
3. Juicing is a quick way to change how you feel. Fresh juice in the morning is a great way to start your day with energy and leave you feeling nourished and hydrated due to the juice's variety of minerals, vitamins, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
4. Juicing can keep you healthy. We're surrounded by stress in our diets, environment and lifestyles, and juicing – due to its high levels of vitamins – is a great way to keep the immune system healthy.
5. Juicing is simple, and kids enjoy them too. All of us need to focus on our nutrition to support our health, especially growing children. Having a juicer in the kitchen will let you introduce your kids to loads of raw fruits and vegetables and supply them with optimal nutrients. Plus, it can be a fun activity for your child to join in and help out in the kitchen!
A Few Juicing Recipes
Whether you like your greens light or with a kick, your fruit sweet or a little tart, or your roots red like beet or orange like a carrot, we've got a combination you'll love. Nature's medicine at its finest! Plus, you can easily add any of our flavored or flavorless liquid supplements into your juice for added support.
- Cucumber, Apple, Celery: Cucumber and celery are full of water, making them an excellent choice for juicing and optimal hydration. Plus, they’re full of vitamins B, C and K. For a touch of sweetness, add an apple!
- Carrot, Apple, Lemon, Ginger: This recipe boasts a tang and a zing with the lemon and ginger. These fruits are all great for digestion! Add our Organic Liquid Probiotics into your glass for even more digestion support!
- Banana, Pineapple, Kale: Sweet, citrusy, nutritious, and a significant portion of antioxidant Vitamin C! Get your fill of dark, leafy greens and imagine sitting on a warm beach when you gulp down this juice. And if you're a fan of citrus, we recommend adding our new Quercetin Liposomal for inflammation support! It comes in a delicious Pineapple Orange flavor.
- Beet, Strawberry, Blueberry: This recipe is a bit heavy on the fruit, but you'll feel great throughout the day with the addition of the beet. Beets are great for minerals, such as folate, manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. If you want a mild beet flavor, go with golden beets instead of purple.
To increase your daily intake of vitamins and minerals, juicing is a great place to start! We also have a variety of supplements that make it easy to give your body what it needs to support your wellness needs. Shop some of our customer's favorite products by clicking here!