Dairy-Free Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe
When you’re wanting something sweet to go along with a delicious dessert like a slice of pie or maybe even a fun tasty drink recipe, what’s better than topping it with whipped cream?
We’ve got a great and simple non-dairy whipped cream recipe for you! The secret here is coconut milk left in the fridge overnight.
Top off pie, ice cream, or any other dessert with this tasty and dairy-free whipped cream! Download, print, and keep the recipe card below to make this dairy-free dessert topping again and again.
Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe
- 2 cans of 13.5 ounce full fat coconut milk, left in fridge overnight
- 2 cups of palm shortening
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of pink sea salt
- Place the whisk attachment on your hand or stand mixer.
- Open the chilled coconut cans and take only the TOP layers of the coconut milk off the can leaving all the coconut water in the bottom of the can.
- Beat the coconut cream on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of palm shortening and beat on high speed for another 5 minutes until airy soft peaks arise.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, and pink sea salt to the mixture and beat on high for one more minute until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving chilled.