It’s no secret that MaryRuth loves making simple and delicious vegan recipes for her friends and family, and recently she was able to feature one of her favorite go-to recipes on Food Network!
On Food Network’s new show, How Healthy Happens, MaryRuth showed host Ashley Hawk how to make her gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free Creamy Basil Shallot Coconut Milk Pasta, as well as two fun and easy ways to take liquid chlorophyll!
Though we’re sharing one way to make this pasta, MaryRuth loves that there are a variety of ways to make this dish your own. You’ll want to keep this recipe around as one to come back to and change up.
Watch MaryRuth make this recipe and learn more about Liquid Chlorophyll in the episode below.
Now that you’ve seen how to make this, keep this recipe card on hand to cook it yourself!
A favorite recipe of MaryRuth’s to make in a variety of ways — plus it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
● Gluten-Free Pasta of Your Choice
● 1 Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
● ¾ tsp Salt
● 1 Cup Basil
● 2 Shallots
1. In a small pan on medium heat, sauté sliced shallots until golden. Set aside.
2. Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
3. Pour the can of coconut milk into a sauté pan or skillet.
4. Roughly chop your basil and add to the pan along with cooked shallots and salt.
5. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat and let simmer for ten minutes.
6. Add cooked pasta into the pan and mix to heat. Serve family style. Yum!
Feel free to tag us on Instagram at @maryruthorganics if you make this delicious dish!
your shopping bag
Add another item to unlock free shipping