Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
Who here is a soup fan? Our COO, Kaitlan Mattern, makes soup all the time and one of her favorite simple recipes is a Roasted Tomato Soup she found via @goodoldvegan on Instagram and updated a bit to make it her own!
It’s vegan, easy, smells incredible, and is perfect for a brisk evening spring lunch or dinner. It’s also the perfect chance to use tomatoes and herbs growing in your garden this season!
Our team is loving this one! We hope you do too.
Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
A delicious vegan and dairy-free soup recipe for the whole family!
- 2 cans of San Marzano Organic WHOLE peeled tomatoes
- 2 yellow onions
- 6 cloves of peeled garlic, smashed
- 1 can of unsweetened, full fat coconut cream
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Optional tomato paste (see note below)
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees.
- Spoon out whole tomatoes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop onions,peel and smash garlic cloves and add to the baking sheet with tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt and toss, ensuring ingredients are flat for even roast.
- Place in oven and roast until onions are mostly cooked through and tips are brown
- Take out the baking sheet and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Transfer baking sheet ingredients to a big pot or blender.
- Add basil leaves, coconut cream, and broth.
- Use an Immersion Blender (or regular blender) to mix all ingredients together until desired texture.
- If you want more tomato and less coconut or broth, then add a bit of tomato paste.
- When plating, garnish with olive oil and basil.
- If using a blender, let cool for longer before putting in the blender.
Cook this recipe along with MaryRuth here. And for even more delicious vegan recipes, be sure to check out our blog & tag us on Instagram @maryruthorganics so we can see what you’re cooking.
MaryRuth and MaryRuth’s® are not affiliated with any of these products; this is not an ad.