Vegan Truffle Mac And Cheese
Because our team here at MaryRuth’s loves food, we often enjoy sharing our recipes on Slack when making something that deserves sharing.
First, she shared with us, and now we’re sharing with you this drool-worthy vegan mac and cheese recipe with added truffle flavor from one of our very-own Customer Care Team Leaders, Angelica!
When you’re craving something warm and decadent yet dairy-free, this truffle mac and cheese will surely deliver.
Vegan Truffle Mac & Cheese Recipe
A decadent dairy-free mac & cheese created by a MaryRuth’s Team member!
- 8 oz uncooked noodles of your choice
- 1 cup potatoes (peeled & diced)
- 1/4 cup carrots (peeled & diced)
- 1/3 cup onion (diced)
- 3/4 veggie water (from the boiled veggies)
- 1/2 cup cashews (raw & unsalted)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- A few dashes of cayenne powder (optional; omit if not wanted)
- A few dashes of paprika
- 2-3 teaspoons of truffle oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite vegan cheese shreds (optional)
- Soak your cashews in boiled water for about 15-30 minutes. Drain and set to the side. (Note: If you have a powerful blender, this step can be skipped).
- Cook your pasta noodles as instructed. Drain and set to the side.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once your water is boiling, add the onions, carrots, & potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Place the cashews, cooked veggies, and 3/4 cup of veggie water into your blender along with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth (double blend if needed). Adjust seasoning(s) to your liking.
- Combine with cooked noodles and enjoy!
For a Baked Version
- Follow the instructions above, then transfer the mac & cheese to an oven-safe dish and top with bread crumbs. (Tip: Combine a bit of melted vegan butter with bread crumbs if you’d like!).
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until your breadcrumbs are golden and enjoy!