MaryRuth's Secret DIY Oven Cleaning Recipe
Have you ever tried your oven’s self-cleaning function and noticed it has a very strong smell? If you want to try something a little different, MaryRuth’s got the perfect way to do so!
It’s a completely safe, natural, and effective method to get the job done — no harsh chemicals and no high-heat, auto-cleaning. It takes a little time and some elbow grease, but the payoff is well worth it. Plus, you most likely have everything you need to take on this project already in your kitchen!
Here’s how it’s done:
DIY Oven Cleaning Recipe
A non-toxic and great way to clean your oven — no chemicals needed!
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 2 cups of lemon juice
- Silicone brush to spread mixture
- Cleaning cloth
- Remove your oven racks, pizza stone, oven thermometer, and anything else you have inside the oven. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 cups of baking soda, 2 cups of lemon juice, and 1 cup of water.
- Spread the paste all over the interior surfaces of your oven, steering clear of the heating elements.
- Allow the baking soda mixture to sit and soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a damp dish cloth and wipe out the remaining baking soda mixture.
- Replace the oven racks and anything else you keep in your oven, and you’re done!
Now that your oven is clean, get cooking! Try out one of MaryRuth’s delicious vegan recipes by clicking here.