‘Tis the season for eating outdoors! And what’s better than a bowl of chips and guacamole out on a patio surrounded by friends and family?
This recipe will be an absolute crowd pleaser! What makes Guac-a-Broccoli so special compared to regular guacamole is that most people have never tried these two ingredients together, so it comes as a huge surprise and treat and is a great way to change up the regular chips and dips of summer entertaining!
This recipe calls for MaryRuth’s unadulterated, unfiltered, raw, hand-pressed Ice Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil that’s harvested and bottled in Soulinari, Greece. And we promise you’ll absolutely love it!
What’s better than chips & guacamole in the summertime? Try MaryRuth’s famous Guac-A-Broccoli.
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 cups cilantro
- Juice from 1 1/2 limes
- 2 scallions
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup MaryRuth’s Ice Pressed Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pink sea salt
1. Shock the head of broccoli by dipping it into a bowl of ice water, then chop broccoli into small florets.
2. Boil a small pot of salted water to give broccoli the correct color and flavor.
3. Drop the broccoli florets into the boiling water and blanch them for 2-3 minutes.
4. Immediately remove the broccoli florets after 2-3 minutes with a slotted spoon, and drop them in the ice water for 3 minutes.
5. Remove the broccoli florets from the ice water and use a salad spinner to dry the broccoli completely.
6. Add the broccoli florets to a food processor and purée while adding in the olive oil.
7. Add the lime juice, cilantro, scallions, avocado, and 1/2 teaspoon of pink sea salt.
8. Blend until your desired texture.
9. Enjoy with family & friends and have your best summer yet!
Need something to dip into this amazing guacamole? Try MaryRuth’s Jicama Fries & Yukon Gold Potato Fries – another crowd favorite!