MaryRuth’s 10 Tips for Life
Everyone has their own life experiences that shape them.
Advice you may get from one person can completely differ than if you were to ask someone else. Yet, there’s also guidance you hear repeated in different ways as universal knowledge.
Recently, MaryRuth was asked to speak at an event.
To share 10 things that she wants people to know.
When she shared it internally with the team, we thought her tips were worth sharing with a larger audience — even if her tips connect with even just one person.
We hope that you know our entire team here at MaryRuth’s aims to be supportive towards you during both good and bad times.
And though there is always so much more to share, these 10 tips for life from MaryRuth may help you, too.
1. Remember the compound effect. This is the idea that small micro-actions over the course of a year compound into something very powerful.
2. Time blocking is a tool to help you feel grounded and peaceful throughout the day. Even if your schedule gets messed up, just push any incomplete tasks to the next day.
3. Plan the day before. It’s so important to take a moment to visualize what you want the next day to be like for you, and know that for sure, something will happen that you cannot control. Every single day something will happen you cannot control, but just visualize yourself handling it very well and stick to your time blocking sheet.
4. Complaining for 1 minute a day at the end of the year is 6 hours of your life. Be very, very careful with your thoughts and your words and know that it truly matters how you use your time.
5. Be laser focused. This is the art of being present in whatever you are doing. Being present in whatever you are doing is one of the great joys in life.
6. Organize your house 15 minutes a day before you work out. Create a routine where you also organize a cabinet (or a drawer or a closet) in your home 15 minutes before or after moving your body. This will create a compound effect and give you a small motivation to keep going and growing.
7. Be kind. Always be kind to yourself, and always be kind to the people in your life, both personal and professional. Know that whenever you go through a very challenging time, it is there to help you expand your heart and openness to other people…it is not there to shrink you.
8. Never get upset if possible. Even if the person is wrong, do not be reactive and try not to be upset. This is extremely hard to do, but this is the most powerful lesson.
I have personally learned recently, even if someone is really wrong, even if someone is not treating you well, it is best to never be reactive and never get upset at them in the moment if possible. Give yourself time to respond to them once you have digested how you’re feeling. You can even write it down instead of verbally telling them.
9. Self awareness leads to happiness. It is so important to have self-awareness. Self awareness will let you reverse engineer your life to create a life that will make you happy. You will do more of what you love when you have self-awareness.
10. No limits. Patience! Life is very short and there are no limits to what you can achieve, but patience and hard work are part of the process. It’s important to be very patient and work hard diligently every single day 365 days a year, which will create a compound effect year over year, decade over a decade.