Gummy vs. Liquid Supplements: Should I Take Gummy Vitamins or Liquid Vitamins?
Here at MaryRuth's, we're all about further supporting our health with delicious, vegan vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients! Supplements are a great way to ensure you get all your essential nutrients for lasting, vibrant wellness.
With so many chewables, pills, liquids, and drops to choose from, we're here to help break down which supplements may best suit your lifestyle and wellness needs.
There are various reasons one might choose to supplement with another delivery form over another. We would love to share some information to help you consider what is best for you and your family.
Why Take Liquid Supplements?
Liquid supplements are dietary supplements that come in a convenient liquid form. We have various liquid supplements formulated by emulsion and contain numerous vitamins and nutrients that may support your body in many ways.
Liquid vitamins and supplements have flexible doses, making it easy to dose out proper servings for children and older adults alike.
- Liquid vitamins are easy to take each morning. For those following MaryRuth's Liquids Till Lunch method, liquid supplements are perfect for getting your AM vitamins while sticking to liquids. What's Liquids Till Lunch? A method that involves only consuming water, coffee, juice, broth, smoothies, tea, or any other liquids until lunchtime.
- Our liquid supplements are fabulous to mix into your favorite beverage. You can easily take your dose of vitamins with your morning smoothie, green juice, or even into your water for added flavor.
TIP: Add our Vegan Liquid Chlorophyll Drops into your morning glass of water for a refreshing peppermint kick!
Why Take Liposomal Supplements?
Firstly, and most notably, we formulate our liposomal multivitamins with liposomal technology. And this could be a huge deciding factor for someone considering supplementing with a multivitamin!
- Liposomals are more bioavailable. Liposomes are tiny spherical structures with a protective outer layer and an inner cavity to hold and transport substances such as vitamins, drugs, or other nutrients to the body. These tiny structures encapsulate these substances and can lead to enhanced absorption.
The nutrient content in each of these liposomal products is calibrated with that in mind. You may notice that some of the nutrients may be in different quantities than in our regular liquid or gummy multivitamin products.
- They come in delicious, thick liquids. Our liposomals come in various fun and unique flavors you usually wouldn’t see in a supplement (like maple hot cocoa, salted chocolate, pineapple orange, or almond vanilla, to name a few). This makes them a great food topping on pancakes, ice cream, and more!
If you want to learn more about liposomal technology, we recommend checking out our related blog article about liposomals.
Why Take Gummy Supplements?
Gummy vitamins are chewable supplements with a texture and taste similar to gummy candies and come in various flavors, colors, and shapes. They're one of the most popular types of vitamins.
All of our gummy vitamins are vegan and made without gelatin. Many of our gummies are formulated with a pectin base or another vegan-friendly, gelatin-free base.
- Gummy vitamins appeal to children — as well as adults — who may not like swallowing pills. They can also often feel like eating a piece of candy or a small treat as they taste fruity and delicious and come in flavors like strawberry, apple, and more. (But remember — these types of gummies are not candy, so make sure to stick to the suggested serving or as recommended by your doctor!)
- Our gummies are super easy to bring with you on the go! You can easily pack the bottle in a lunch box, get it on a plane, and not worry about TSA liquid regulations. You can even load your child's gummies into their lunch box to bring them out and about.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
While the delivery format is important, there are a few other things to keep in mind when choosing the best supplement for you and your loved ones too.
Depending on who in your household you are looking at supplements for, you may consider who the supplement is formulated for!
For example, our liposomal multivitamins and gummy multivitamins are formulated for life stage, with products for Kids, Men and Women, Men and Women who are 40+ and for those Pregnant and Lactating (more gummy options coming soon!).
On the other hand, our liquid multivitamins are formulated for the whole family, ages 2 and up (with adjustable dose recommendations in the suggested use).
Flavor & Taste
A huge consideration when supplementing is palatability! We pride ourselves on making great-tasting products, and while we love all of our multivitamin options, we know that some people have preferences when it comes to mouthfeel and flavor.
While our gummy products are chewables, both liposomal multivitamins and the liquid multivitamin are thicker liquids, but the liposomals are more viscous than regular liquids. The thickness of the liposomal multivitamins means they can make a great topping on various foods!
There is also a wide variety of flavors available in all of our supplements! Browse here to find the flavors you most enjoy.
Gummies or Liquids: It's Your Choice
Here at MaryRuth's, we think that taking your vitamins (and other supplements) should be an enjoyable experience that you look forward to every day. We always aim to make supplements (gummy, liquid, and more!) that taste great.
Regardless of which type of supplement you choose to take, it is ultimately up to you to figure out which format you prefer! In many ways, choosing your delivery form may come down to a matter of preference, like the flavor that will be most likely to keep up your healthy habit.
Many people mix and match, taking gummies and liquids, while others like to stick to one or the other. With multiple supplements in various formats, we want to let you decide!
As always, when considering what supplements may be best for you and your family, we recommend speaking with a physician or healthcare professional for additional guidance.
Curious to learn more about our collections of liquid and gummy supplements? Check them out here!